• No import fees for EU
  • Shipping daily!
  • Biggest assortment in Europe
  • Great support

Delivery Update – Peak Period

//Last update: 2020-12-22

The peak period for online shops has started. Towards the end of the year more people order online, putting a strain on shipping companies. With a global pandemic, online purchasing has increased even more. The increased volume, paired with increased safety measures is leading to more delays than usual.

Latest info:

  • No Shipping on Monday: Orders ready for shipping on monday, will be handed to PostNL on tuesday. After the weekend, PostNL is receiving so much packages, that they can’t process them all. By handing over packages later in the week, there is actually a better chance they will arrive in time. We will still prepare your order on monday, but tracking info will follow later when it’s handed over to PostNL
  • More and more delays: Currently PostNL is handling about 1.5 million packages a day. They are simply getting more packages than they can process. Because of this, a part of the packages is stored, to be processed at a later date. Unfortunately this can lead to long delays for some packages. 95% of packages is processed in time, but the other 5% can experience quite long delays. Please keep this in mind. We can’t guarantee any delivery times. We can’t guarantee your order will be delivered in time. We process orders as fast as we can, but once it’s shipped we can’t do anything about it.
  • Extra Delays in Germany: With the current lockdown measures in Germany, there are delays in package delivery. Currently PostNL is estimating a 4-7 day delal for packages delivered in Germany. We have no way to avoid this unfortunately. Pacakges can have a delay in the Netherlands and Germany and have a long delivery time as a result.
  • Shipping with DHL: We have switched to DHL delivery for some countries, mainly Germany. We had no choice but switch to another carrier as PostNL was too unreliable. You will receive the tracking code from Foam Focus. In january we will decide what shipping options we can offer in 2021.
  • No Shipping to the UK: Given the uncertainties around BREXIT and the big delays regarding COVID, we’re not shipping to the UK until things have settled. Once we can ship again, we will add shipping options to the UK as soon as possible.

What is PostNL doing?

At Blaster-Time we ship orders with PostNL. This is the biggest shipping company in the Netherlands. Because of the pandemic, PostNL increased its capacity by 40 percent. With the Peak Season, they managed to increase their capacity by another 30%. Even with these measures the volume of packages to process is simply too big.

What are we doing?

We are preparing your orders as soon as possible, so they have a better chance to arrive in time. We are shipping orders 4 days a week. Orders usually are ready for shipping the same or the next day. Please refer to the top of this article to check the current status.

What can you expect?

Expect delays. Please be patient, we are all trying as hard as we can. Follow the tracking to get updates on the delivery of your order. If it does not get any updates for a few days, please wait, it will update but it can take time.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *